Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Let the challenge commence!

I didn't really think about which way the letters would end up on camera...
Day 1:
Today is the day! December 3rd 2012 marks day 1 of the 365 days of sweat challenge! Excited? Yes. Scared? Yes. Already procrastinated and ended up at the gym at 8:30pm? Yes! We are off to a good start! It's actually a pretty good time to hit the gym, though and I was able to get my full workout in without having to fight for equipment.
 Day 1 inspiration!
When I found this challenge on the Lulu Lemon blog site, the girl doing it referred to this as her BHAG. It stands for Big Hairy Angry Goal. So not only is this an opportunity for me to sweat daily, loose some weight, de-stress and train for a 1/2 marathon and a triathlon, it has now become a BHAG! I don't think I set enough goals for myself, so this is good. I have wrapped all my fitness goals into one BHAG and it feels good. I need to bottle the endorphin rush of a post-gym session for days when I don't want to drag my lazy butt off the couch. Hopefully those days are few and far between!
So it begins. The next year of my life. Everyday will involve some sort of fitness-related activity and everyday I will sweat for at least 30 minutes. Once again, I am thankful to have 2 awesome ladies doing this challenge with me and I extend the challenge to anyone who reads our blog. You don't have to be fit to take part, just move! Who cares if by the end we don't succeed in everything we have set out today. At least we had the courage to commit ourselves to a healthy lifestyle. Heres to a successful 364 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment