Tuesday, December 11, 2012

It's been a week!

(I'm too tired to make my own picture!)
Can you believe it? I can't! One week ago today we made a pact to change our lives. Today is day 8 on the 365 day challenge. It's been an interesting week. I have to admit that I was pretty gung-ho for the first 5 days and then my exam cluster bomb hit. 1-2 hour workouts were put on the back burner in favour of 12 hour study sessions. 4 exams in 4 days means every minute counts. Luckily my studying paid off and the exams went well. Unfortunately, that means I haven't been meeting my 30 minute rule. Week 1 and I am already breaking my first cardinal rule! No worries, I have 51 more weeks to improve my habits and incorporate studying and exercise into exam weeks. It did force me to get a little creative, though! I finally put those 200 pins to use on my "health" board on pinterest and I had to make each movement count. I can gladly say I have broken a sweat from some form of exercise every day for the past 8 days and that is all that matters! 
Reflecting on the first week has been interesting and it has encouraged me to push harder and make more time to fit in at least 30 minutes. Healthy choices are so important in maintaining good grades and getting me through university. I can feel myself slipping into a sad little slump when I don't get my heart-rate up on a daily basis. This challenge not only encourages healthy choices physically, it's improving my mental health as well! Here's to another 51 weeks of exercise and the last 2 exams! I can't wait to get home and hit the ski hill! :)

-Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment