Friday, December 7, 2012

Day 5 - Keep it Simple.

I wasn't sure when I would get time to be physically active today, but a lucky confluence of circumstances allowed me to get in my activity early.

I didn't think I'd make it home between seeing outpatients and starting call tonight, plus I have plans post-call with Katelyn and Des (the friend, not the cat or the superintendent...both of whom are also called Des) and Katie is arriving from Toronto for a short visit.
Can't run in these shoes.

BUT!! My attending decided at the last minute to reschedule her outpatients and send me home after morning rounds! She has a grant application she needs to wrap up, and that left me free to go to the school gym and do 30 minutes on the elliptical.

Good job, Morning Sarah!
Except that that would mean going all the way home to collect my shoes and sports bra...

BUT!! Somehow foggy Morning Sarah had anticipated that I might have a little time to hit the gym and had packed running shoes and a sports bra for Afternoon Sarah. Brilliant! So I hustled over to the Athletics and Recreation Centre, hopped on an elliptical, and watched this video (which I tried unsuccessfully to embed...what's that about, anyway?)...


...which was kind of cool, but somehow led me to this video.

...but then I watched this video.


And that made me wonder if maybe I should just focus on the elliptical for a few minutes.

One of the nice things I've found about working out every day is that I no longer feel pressure to do a 2 or 3 hour workout just to feel productive. I know I'll make it to the gym tomorrow, so half an hour seems good enough for now. It's oddly both freeing and motivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment