Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Day 2 - Now Imagine You've Got to Do a Hundred of 'Em!

Yup, it's Day 2! We are twice as far into this beast as we were yesterday! We have doubled our completed workouts! Life is good.

After work, I had a busy, but fun, evening - first, a Greek lesson with my fantastic Greek tutor, Olga (Γεια σας, 'Ολγα!), and then an introductory statistics session with my brilliant MBA-pursuing friend, Katie. 

When all was said and done, I wasn't in much of a mood to leave the house, so I decided to break out my lovely and eco-friendly green yoga mat (thanks, Randi!), a sports bra, and my old Ab Ripper X DVD from the P90X series. I have been through the P90X progamme a few times, including twice while I was in college and once while I was in graduate school. I was always happy with the results in terms of strength and definition...everywhere but my abs. For some reason, I had just never been able to get through the ab workouts and get those gorgeous sculpted abs I coveted.

I always found the video went a bit too fast and I couldn't quite get in all the reps with the many rests I needed to take during the workout, so today I took a different tack: instead of rushing to keep up with the video and cutting out reps, I paused the video and did EVERY. SINGLE. MOVE. Ouch, my abs and hip flexors are going to be stiff tomorrow! It took a bit longer than maybe it should have, but I think it was worth the extra time.

I think my favourite part of the video is when you're deep in the agony of V-Up Roll-Up Land and Tony says, "Now imagine you've got to do a hundred of 'em - twenty-five doesn't seem so bad!"


Thanks, Tony Horton. Ha!

- Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment