Thursday, December 27, 2012

Day 25 - Fine. Let it snow.

Today, the snow finally stopped.

Toronto is covered in a thick layer of pretty whiteness...intermixed with some grey-brown slush.

Gross.
On my run today, I realised that what I really like is either a thick layer of packed snow or a cleanly shovelled and salted sidewalk. The worst parts of the sidewalk today were those that had been shovelled but were unsalted and slushy from heavy foot traffic (I'm looking at you, Bloor! You too, Spadina! And don't think I forgot you, Dupont...). I had decided not to bring YakTrax to Toronto with me, as no snow had been forecast for my entire stay, so I had to pick my way along carefully. There were a few close calls where one foot or the other went sliding out sideways, but I managed to make it to the grocery store (my ultimate destination) unscathed but quite wet with slush.

And then I baked a bunch of potatoes and stuffed them with sharp cheddar and asparagus.

I asked Amy what I should blog about today, and she helpfully suggested I blog about "when cheese is broiled so that it is no longer cheese but is a cheese chip and a beautiful, delicious mistake". 

So, um...that happened.
Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment