Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Day 3 - 30 Minute At Home Workout


Today I had the fleeting thought that I would get in my physical activity in the morning. After all, I had a rare morning off because my attending had decided to round on inpatients in the afternoon instead of first thing in the morning.

That thought, however, didn't last long. I slept in for a while (which was needed and well-appreciated!), and then realised that my apartment was pretty disgusting. I share an apartment but cleaning isn't a priority for my roommate, so I knew I would have to tackle the mess if I wanted it clean, and I spent most of the morning scouring the kitchen and mopping the floor, plus doing my laundry and studying for the psychiatry NBME.

After work, I had another night full of statistics; Katelyn came over and we ate order-in Chinese while talking about confidence intervals and Mann-Whitney U tests.

Just after 9 p.m., Katelyn headed home and I did a quick google search for 30 minute at home workouts. I came up with this video, threw on some music, and got to work. Maybe it wasn't the best choice, since my abs and hip flexors were still sore from yesterday's workout, but I definitely got sweaty.

We are only three days in to this challenge, and so far I've gotten in physical activity on three days that usually would have been easy to take off because I was pretty busy and feeling a bit of stress. I'm quickly remembering how easy it is to make excuses that prevent us from being active, and I'm just as quickly remembering that it's not too hard to find thirty minutes in your day to throw on a video or make a quick stop off at the gym on the way home from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment