Tuesday, December 4, 2012

365 days of Sweat - joining!




Hi! I am Sarah’s friend from Undergrad. We were part of the Psychology Student’s Association and back then Sarah had really, really blonde hair!  After UofT, I moved to the Caribbean to finish medical school. I am now an Internal Medicine Resident in Rhode Island. 

I need to be held accountable. Exercise has never come easy to me, and it has taken close to 10 years for me to learn to enjoy the workout rush. Its easy to become side-tracked though, especially if you are pursuing a career in medicine. As a student, its the school work, as a resident its well... work. Internship hit me like a ton of bricks. Even on days I wasn’t at work, I was recovering by trying to find some resemblance to being a human by involving myself in normal people activities such as grocery shopping or sleeping. As a second year resident I think I am ready to make a renewed commitment to fitness. 

I am so inspired by Sarah’s 365 days of sweat challenge! Yay!  So Dec 4th will be Day 1 for me. I was on a stationary bike for 20 minutes and did 35 minutes of free weights. Today was easy because it was my day off. I am working in the ED and I have variable, weird weekly schedule. For example, tomorrow I have to be at work from 8 am to 8 pm. Will I have the strength to make it to the gym tomorrow? Stay tuned...

1 comment: