Friday, February 1, 2013

Days 55 through 61 - My life is crammed full of stuff that I love doing.



No, I have not given up on the 365 day challenge.

I just haven't blogged recently, because, in Tara's words (when describing her own life),

"My life is crammed full of stuff that I love doing. How awesome is that!"

Indeed, it is pretty awesome.

I have loved my three weeks in Toronto, my home sweet home for almost ten years.

I stayed with Lisa over these three weeks, and while spending 2-2.5 h each day in transit to and from work wasn't my favourite part of the visit, her beautiful new house was cozy and inviting, and her hospitality incomparable. I had homemade crepes at Cecelia's and tofu scramble at Randi's. I ate my Terroni favourite, spaghetti al limone, with Katie, Cece, and Maddie. Sura and I gobbled smoothies and vegetarian delights at the undergrad site of all my happiest meals, Fresh. Carolyn and I switched up our usual sushi-date routine and instead grabbed a speedy pre-work breakfast at the Sunset Grill before riding the TTC together en route to our respective places of work.

Yes, it would seem that a lot of my visit was spent on food.

Not inaccurate.

But I also loved my rotation. I learned so much over three short weeks in the emergency department of a major tertiary care centre. I received some incredible teaching, made one or two unexpected saves, and watched my clinical acumen and diagnostic skill increase more than I would have expected in such a short period of time.

I have spent a fair amount of time engaged in physical activity as well. I've run a bit, walked a lot, done quite a bit of bodyweight work, and hit a yoga class with Katie at Breathe. I haven't missed a day yet, despite the gruelling commute and long shifts (8 hours doesn't seem so long...but then it becomes 10...and when that's followed by a 1.25h bus ride home, it starts to feel like there are not enough hours in the day for sleep).

I do hope that the upcoming month in Vancouver will bring more time for writing, more running and more time spent outdoors. I have been promised a snowshoeing expedition by two different parties - Kim and Robin, two awesome west coasters, promised me some snowshoeing back on a hot July day at our hostel in Athens, and Christie, a camp coworker from my days at Merrywood, also said she'd take me out. Let's hope they all remember and are still up for it, because days off are not for sitting still!

For now, I'm at home after a rare train ride than ran as scheduled. Kitties are cuddled, hot baths will be had, and a visit to the gym will be made. 

Tomorrow. 

Tonight is for relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment